Friday, July 30, 2004

Falling off of Roofs and Stuff

So I fell off a roof last Wednesday. Well, I guess I more fell _through_ the roof. I was in the process of dismanting a tool shed for one of my customers, and it had a tin roof. I was taking screws out one by one. Of the piece of tin I was standing on. Totally Wiley Coyote-esqe. It started to give way. I think there actually was that pause, you know where Wiley just sort of hangs there until he _realizes_ his situation, then starts falling. This was handy because it gave me time to brace myself and get ready so I landed on my feet. Once I landed it was kind of wierd. Like I didn't really remember the process of falling very well. It was like I was on the roof, then I wasn't. I remember thinking "um, wait, wasn't I _on_ roof? Why am I on the ground?". I dunno... its hard to describe. It was weird. Guess I'm not used to such sudden and involuntary changes in surroundings. The nice thing is it turned out the screw I was trying to unscrew was easier to reach from the ground, and I conveniently still had my screwdriver in hand! So I just accepted my new surroundings and carried on. Well, that's all... laters!