Saturday, November 06, 2004

Ode to Spider Plants




I have this spider plant a friend of mine didn't want. It was all brown and gangly looking. I almost wouldn't take it because I've never thought spider plants were very attractive. I reluctantly took it because she convinced me that spider plants are good for keeping the air fresh or something. Anyway, I'm a total believer in spider plants now. What they lack in looks they totally make up for in personality. With just a little love, it has bloomed into something, well, not quite beautiful exactly, but great to have around. It is always there, ready to forgive me when I don't water it, purifying my air, and even producing babies that I can give away to other people who can appreciate the inner beauty of a plant. :) (Next Older) (Next Newer)